Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Great quotes

on this ADVENTURES IN YA AND CHILDREN'S PUBLISHING website:

☛     http://childrenspublishing.blogspot.com/p/quotes-on-writing.html

Two of my favorites:

Be obscure clearly. E.B. White

And another by E.B. White:

Write about it by day, and dream about it by night.

(and there's a whole lot more on that blog, for writers and readers. Check it out.)

2 comments:

Leslie S. Rose said...

Love the "dream by night" quote. So true. When your story gives you "monkey mind" at night you know it's a keeper. BTW Glory Be is in the Feb. Scholastic book order. I'm telling all the kids in my class to grab it. Different cover.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Agreed, Leslie. When I get those amazing night thoughts, I just hope they are with me in the morning. Though I definitely try to scribble the thought down before it escapes me!

Yes, that's Glory on her new cover in the Scholastic Book order! Thank you for encouraging your kids to read it.