Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Another list



A To-Do list for your revision:


http://amazingstoriesmag.com/2014/04/ten-things-consider-revising-novel/



I'm trying #4. 

4. Highlight the Surges
Some passages will stand out as being particularly stunning; pay attention to them in each chapter and apply their energy to the rest of your writing.

And #10 is excellent advice:

10. Remember to pace yourself when revising; otherwise you may become overwhelmed and discouraged, even confused into incessant rewrites. Your story needs to settle between revision stages. As my colleague said, “you don’t need to beat up your nice friend all at once.”


(Not sure I am to that STUNNING thing yet, but that's the process, right? )

No comments: