Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, June 23, 2014

The Amazing Andrea and her Arbuthnot Lecture

Maybe it was because the Bible of children's literature in my day was written by May Hill Arbuthnot.  I used her textbook in my children's lit classes at Simmons College. 

Or maybe it's because I own a copy of The Arbuthnot Anthology of Children's Literature, given to me by my grandmother, a 4th grade teacher, when I was a mere babe. 





For whatever reason, Arbuthnot rolls off my tongue with familiarity! 

And now, I'm so happy to share this. My editor, Andrea Davis PInkney, was chosen by the American Library Association to deliver the lecture at the University of Minnesota.

(Click here to see all the other giants in the world of children's books who've lectured before.)

I don't know how anybody could be so amazing for as long as Andrea did. The requirements alone would do in a lesser person.

There's singing! Drama! Laughter!
It's touching, poignant, and informative.

Pour a glass of tea. Settle in. You are in for such a treat.





No comments: