Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Dancing to the Oldies

Today I'm excitedly reading what's known as Second Pass Pages for my new book, THE WAY TO STAY IN DESTINY. This is a PDF of exactly what the pages will look like. I'm searching for typos. I'm finding none so far.
(Oh, how I love you, Scholastic production team!)

There's a dance theme to this book.

Growing up in Cleveland, Mississippi and taking tap and ballet classes forever, I adored my teacher, Ruth Hart.

A little while ago, my friend and fellow childhood dancer, Beth Boswell Jacks, wrote an essay that pretty much speaks to how a lot of us felt about our dance teachers. You can read it HERE

I'm sharing this quote from the head of that essay. 
I think it speaks to a lot of the arts- hey to a lot of life lessons, right?


                     “Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up
                       and dance. Great dancers are not great because
                     of their technique, they are great because of their
                               passion.” – Martha Graham

2 comments:

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Oooh, Second Pass Pages - yay!

You know . . . I've never gotten SPP from Scholastic . . . you are lucky! :-)

Can't wait to read your new book!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Thanks, Kimberley. Whipped through those SPP and did find a glaring error, now fixed. Whew.
Isn't editing an amazing experience? Things you've read a zillion times suddenly are typos. How'd that happen?
;)