Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Why We Write

I was reminded of this when a young man told me he'd read my new book five times. He's obviously not a kid who's never read a book on his own and that kind of reader also warms a writer's heart. 

But somebody's book made him a reader!
This truly is why we write. 
This says it all. 


What Happened to Your Book Today
by Kate Messner

Somewhere, a kid who has never read a whole book on his own
(Really. Not even one.)
picked up yours and turned a page.
And then another.
And then one more.
And it was pretty cool, turns out.


Click this link to read it all.

(And for my friends who are writing, revising, submitting. This is why you don't give up, right?)

No comments: